It seems that whenever married people
are asked how they knew they were ready to wed they always say they “just knew.” Calling that answer “vague” would be the understatement of the year. So whether you’re still feeling things out with your boyfriend or you’re taking this quiz at the Internet café across the street from your wedding chapel, read on to find out if you are really ready to take the plunge and walk down the aisle.
Wondering if you should get married? Take this quiz to find out if you're ready for marriage or if you're finger's better off without a ring.
1. How long have you and your boyfriend/fiancé been together?
- Less than six months
- Six months to a year
- More than a year
2. You think the perfect family is two or three kids. He thinks:
- Um, I don’t know, I’ve never asked.
- That no kids (or perhaps eight) would be ideal.
- That two sounds pretty wonderful as well.
3. How’s your sex life
- Pretty much non-existent, but it’s not like sex is that important.
- It’s in a bit of a slump, but it’ll pick up after we get married, right?
- It’s great, couldn’t be hotter.
4. How well do you get along with his family?
- I haven’t actually met them yet.
- His mom and/or dad hate me, but they’ll come around.
- They all love me; we’re just one big happy family.
5. When you think of the words “wedding” and “marriage
,” you picture:
- A stressful planning process and then a lifetime with the same person.
- Your dress, the colors of your reception tables, the flowers, the cake …
- A party celebrating your love followed by a lifetime with your soulmate.