These are the perfect compliment to a cup of hot cocoa.
Yield: 3 Dozen Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons red decorator sugar crystals
- 2 tablespoons green decorator sugar crystals
- In large bowl, beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cornstarch and 1/3 cup powdered sugar; beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix until dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 1 inch apart on the ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 15 minutes or until cookies are very light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- In small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and both decorator sugars; carefully roll warm cookies in mixture.
From Pillsbury Holiday Baking by the Pillsbury Editors. Copyright © 2007. Used with permission of Wiley Publishing INC., Hoboken, New Jersey, www.wiley.com.