Nearly every day, people line up around the block at Allysa Torey’s Magnolia Bakery in New York City. The reason is simple—Magnolia is the place to get all-American sweet treats like their famous pastel frosted cupcakes. And now you can whip some up yourself and enjoy these magical cupcakes no matter where you are. Magnolia Bakery's Orange Vanilla Cupcakes.
Yield: about two dozen cupcakes (depending on the size of your cupcake papers and muffin tins)
To make the cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and zest gradually and beat until fluffy, about three minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the orange juice and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
5. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
|I love magnolia bakery!!! Their cupcakes are dreamy.|