For Spiral Snowman cookies on a stick, just place a flat wooden stick in the bottom of each cookie before baking.
Yield: 20 Cookies
- 1 roll (16.5-ounce) refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Large gumdrops
- Miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Shape half of dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. With fingers, roll each ball into 10-inch rope, about 1/4 inch wide; carefully place on ungreased cookie sheets. With each rope, starting at top, make small spiral for head, continuing to make larger spiral for body (see photo).
- Cut hat shapes from gumdrops; place on heads. Use baking bits for buttons; use miniature chocolate chips for eyes and noses. Cut small pieces from red gumdrop for mouths. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
From Pillsbury Holiday Baking by the Pillsbury Editors. Copyright © 2007. Used with permission of Wiley Publishing INC., Hoboken, New Jersey, www.wiley.com.