Your to-do list probably doesn’t need anything added to it, but today, we’re going to suggest a new daily priority: creating a moment of joy.
The idea is similar to a daily gratitude practice (something we highly recommend!), and we think it may just become your favorite part of the day.
So how do you do it?
Set aside a block of time each day (even just 10 or 15 minutes will do!) and put it in your calendar. Then, when it’s time for “joy time” step away from work and chores and do something that brings a smile to your face.
You know best what makes you happy, but if you need a few ideas to get started, here are some joy activities we’re big fans of:
- Eating a piece of good chocolate, with no distractions
- Watching a hilarious YouTube video, TV show or other feel-good entertainment (here are some that we love)
- Taking a walk in nature
- Curling up with a cup of tea and reading a chapter in a book
- Calling or texting an uplifting friend
- Playing with your dog
- Tending to your garden
- Practicing yoga, meditation or deep breathing
- Turning on an upbeat song and dancing around the house
Your moment of joy can be anything — it’s all about making a point to do something that makes you happy every single day. 🙂
Wishing you a healthy, safe and joy-filled weekend!
P.S. What are two things you’ll be doing that bring you joy? Share with us on Instagram – we’d love to hear from you!
Quote du jour
“If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.” – Carlos Santana
Another “joy-creator” to add to your list? Our brand new Everyday Happy Show podcast. This podcast is all about inspiring you to create more happiness and ease in your day and is perfect to listen to when you need a joy moment.
Read More Feel-Good Notes Like This: