There’s so much going on in the world right now and if you’re like our Savvy Team chances are you’re in need of some nourishment these days — and we’re not talking about the food variety. Just as you nourish your body with what you eat, drink, and how you exercise, it’s just as important to nourish your soul.
When your soul is nourished, you feel alive, joyful, and fulfilled. You’re also able to show up for others in a more present and loving way.
So this weekend, we’re challenging you to take time to nourish yourself. You don’t have to spend hours, it can be as simple as …
- Sip a cup of tea with a good book in hand.
- Take a walk in nature (and leave your phone behind!).
- Tend to your garden while listening to an uplifting song or podcast. (Our EveryDay Happy Show Podcast may be just what you need!)
- Put on a mud mask and have a little dance party in your living room while waiting for it to dry.
- Take in a sunset in silence with a glass of sparkling water or wine.
To fully nourish your soul, you’ll also want to practice some self-love. Have you been beating yourself up lately? Or letting your inner critic (that mean voice inside your head) run the show?
Your soul can’t flourish when you’re hard on yourself so remind yourself to be kind and encouraging. When a negative thought or nagging inner voice creeps in, take a breath to let it go and remind yourself:
- I’m a work in progress and doing the best I can.
- There’s so much more to me than I even know.
- I love and approve of myself.
- What I think and say matters.
- I’ve got this — today and every day.
The goal is more than to have a nourished next few days, but a nourished life. So start nourishing and keep nourishing. 🙂
Wishing you a wonderful, feel-good weekend!
Quote du jour
“Remember to take care of yourself. You can’t pour from an empty cup.” — Anonymous
Listen to our brand new EveryDay Happy Show Podcast
Want more nourishment in your life? Our EveryDay Happy Show podcast is here with new episodes each week. Take a listen and enjoy here!
Read More Like This